Miller Rd., Flint
We just got a small collection documenting the history of Miller Rd. named for the Daniel Miller Family who came to Clayton, Genesee Co. MI in 1839 from NY state. Daniel and several brothers founded Miller Settlement, and cut through the woods Flint to Swartz Creek in1841. Part of that is now Miller Rd.
Ann and the Rev. Daniel had 9 children. Daniel and two of his sons, Wells and Marshall,and their families moved in 1861 to Grand Traverse region living in Grand Traverse and Leelanau counties, and Glen Arbor township. Daniel gave the Glen Lake community its first property for a school in an area known as Miller Hill. The Millers spread out after that into various states. It is a neatly penned and interesting account of the family history and the settlement of parts of the state. The notes were written by the wife of son George in 1945 and later copied in 1963 by her daughter, Ruby Miller Hanna of Battle Creek.