Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Brian and Suli

On Sat I had the pleasure of attending part of the International Graduate Historical Studies Conference at CMU. I got to hear Suli Albinhamad present about his thesis. Good job! Also a very nice presentation by Azra  on Al-Idrisi, the 12th century man who helped map the world and provide cultural commentary on it. Comments about both presentations were very positive and constructive.  I miss Brian Schamber's presentation, scheduled amazingly at exactly the same time. Brian won a runner up prize for best undergraduate paper at the conference. Right before the conference Brian was awarded an internship processing manuscript at NARA this summer in Archives II.  I'm so very proud of these two amazing, wonderful men who process manuscripts for me!

Brian

Suli

No comments:

Post a Comment