Currently, Meijer is looking for internship candidates for our Meijer Heritage Center as an Archival Intern.
Meijer opened a state-of-the-art corporate museum – the Meijer Heritage Center (MHC) - in 2016. The MHC will provide a platform for engaging employees and other visitors in the company’s rich cultural and community history, from its modest beginnings to its present success, and the legacy of innovation and new ideas that continue to inspire its growth and economic impact in the Midwest, and beyond.
- Assist in the collection, identification, and application of archival information and other resources that are important to the preservation, interpretation, and presentation of the history and current dynamics of Meijer
- Work with museum resources including corporate art work, large format archives, and sculptures
- Help with archiving Meijer artifacts by researching, inventorying, photographing, packaging, cataloguing, and storing items
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in Records Management or a related discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Time management – ability to use time effectively and efficiently and concentrate efforts on the most important priorities
- Relationship Skills – willingness to engage meaningfully with other interns, team members, leadership, and other archive users and constituencies
- Curiosity – about the other areas of expertise involved
- Communication Skills – conveys the right information in writing and verbally
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision