National Archives (NARA) Motion Picture Preservation Lab is hiring two Motion Picture Preservation Technicians.
Typical work assignments include:
- Inspecting incoming and permanent motion picture holdings related to long-term motion picture preservation and digitization projects.
- Working with a wide range of motion picture records, such as nitrate, acetate, polyester, black-and-white, color and originals and duplicates.
- Creating administrative and technical metadata to document the digitization process.
- Operating various equipment for the purpose of repair and/or motion picture conservation, such as synchronizers, splicers, scanners, audio/video digitization systems, color/correction editing software or outboard processors.
- Using customer service skills to interact with a wide range of NARA personnel (e.g., archivists, managers and specialists).