Digital Imaging Technician
The Digital Imaging Technician will scan and ingest image files into digital repository, perform image correction as needed, and assist the Digital Imaging Manager with digital print production. This position is in the Photographic department of the Margaret Herrick Library.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create large volume of high-quality digital images and prints
· Ingest objects into the Academy’s digital asset management system in a timely and accurate manner
· Judge and correct digital images for color balance, contrast, tonality, and density when compared to original objects, photographic prints, or transparencies
· Track image production and workflow
· Consistently and accurately name image files
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of four years in-depth experience with digital imaging technologies.
· Advanced skills with high-end Apple Macintosh computer platform and Mac OS
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and other processing software applications to capture, manipulate, save, and print images
· Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous tasks: batch scanning, ingesting, documentation, and printing
· Solid understanding of file-management systems and databases
· Familiarity with a variety of photographic media and processes. Photography skills and tradition darkroom experience helpful
· Good knowledge of American film history helpful
· Able to meet challenging deadlines and work within complex workflows and schedules
· Ability to work accurately and independently in a busy environment
· Ability to meet numerous deadlines; able to take direction
· Have excellent organization skills and attention to details
· Able to sit at a computer for up to 8 hours a day
Please send cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Oscars.org Indicate Digital Imaging Technician in the subject line.