Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I love looking at other people's photos!

One of the great things I enjoy about being an archivist is that I get to look at other people's photos and wonder about them and their lives and learn about something new. It is always sad to me when I can't tell who or what or what. Lots of people do not identify or date their images. All my processing students learn this and by the time they leave me they are determined to organize their own papers and date and identify their own images. Sometimes a pile of photos are found somewhere and it is a hunt to find the owners or their descendants. Here are some from Belfast, Ireland, with rather witty captions. I  hope the creators or their descendants are found. Enjoy at http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29009453

No comments:

Post a Comment