If you are looking for a job, have a vacancy to fill or would like to polish your resume with a peer advisor please visit the Career Center at the 2014 annual meeting.
Located in the Network Café the career center is open:
- Wednesday, August 13: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Thursday, August 14: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Friday, August 15: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, August 16: 8:00 am – 10:00am
The 2014 career center will offer:
· Reference copies of publications on career related topics
· Opportunities to view career focused presentations given at past SAA conferences
· Resume review by appointment
· General career consulting by experienced SAA members
· A Funders Corner where attendees can engage in conversations with national funding agencies
· Opportunities to interact with council members and section and roundtable leaders
Employers who would like to have their positions posted or would like to meet with potential employees in the career center should contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Offered again this year, SAA members can schedule an appointment in advance for consultation with a career advisor. Please email Meredith Lowe at: email@example.com. Appointments are limited - the deadline to request an appointment is July 21st.
Here is a link to a PDF of the current schedule of advisors. Take a look and plan to visit (or make an appointment with) advisors who seem most likely to be a good match for your needs.
SAA Career Development Subcommittee