Thursday, June 5, 2014

Book covers made of human skin

Harvard has such a book bound in human skin, as recent tests have proven. The topic of the book is a meditation about the human soul and life.  It was bound with the skin of a female mental patient. Over time  confessions of criminals or memorials have been bound in human skin. My professional comment is "Yuck." I would not wish to remember someone I cared about by touching their skin while reading their memoirs.  I think this is truly macabre. I'm so glad this is something we do not have in the Clarke's collections. I hope they put some kind of cover on the book. Which archivist or rare books librarian or student employee wants to touch it? To read more about it click here http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/05/us/harvard-book-human-skin/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

No comments:

Post a Comment